Announcement: Sketching For UX Designers WORKBOOK
Sketching is a skill that requires practice. Actually, a lot of practice. That’s why my Sketching for UX Designers course material includes many practice activities, exercises, for example:
- warm-up techniques,
- ways to practice drawing basic shapes.
- UI sketching exercises,
- icon drawing tasks,
- in the chapter about Storyboarding I ask the students to think about an application idea and create a Storyboard based on that; and
- there is a whole section about practicing sketching through the different Gestalt principles,
- I even created a 100-day long icon drawing challenge (you can subscribe to the challenge here).
However, my students wanted more. :) So I decided to create an additional material: in the last few months, I’ve been working on a workbook! It is not finished, probably it never will be, but today is the day of publishing the 1st edition — I already have ideas in mind about what to include in the 2nd, upgraded version ;).
While the Workbook is going to be part of my online course, if you subscribe to my newsletter, you can download it for free! (Also, I’m going to send it to you if you are already one of my subscribers.)
For my students
I designed the Workbook in a way the it won’t be redundant for my students who have already completed my Sketching for UX designers course.
For everyone else (hopefully some potential students :) )
Additionally, it works the other way around as well: if you decide to first complete the Workbook, then take my course, you will still find the course material informative, since the overlap is minimal.
This Workbook is a free resource, and it always will be. I publish it under this license: Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International.
It means that:
You can share — copy and redistribute — the material in any medium or format under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
(Here are some additional terms in case you want to check the license out in more details.)
Please feel free to join the Sketching for UX Designers group on Facebook, post your UX sketches, share your favorite links, ask questions etc.
If you are interested in sketching, check out my Sketching for UX designers course.
You can subscribe to my Sketching for UX newsletter to get these UX Knowledge Base Sketches directly to your inbox weekly, and to participate in a 100-day long UX-visual library building challenge.
If you have any comments or questions please reach out to me here or on Twitter: @krisztaszerovay