Information Architecture — Part 4
Navigation System and Search System
The 4 systems of Information Architecture are closely related. This UX Knowledge Base Sketch describes two of these: Navigation and Search.
Recommended Reading & Useful Links
- Rosenfeld, L., Morville, P., Jorge Arango, J. (2015). Information Architecture: For the Web and Beyond 4th Edition
- Krug, S. (2014). Don’t Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability (3rd Edition) (Voices That Matter)
- Spencer, D. (2011). A Practical Guide to Information Architecture
- Covert, A. How to Make Sense of Any Mess
- Basic Patterns for Mobile Navigation
- Hamburger menu alternatives for mobile navigation
Interesting case study: Gov.uk
Please feel free to join the Sketching for UX Designers group on Facebook, post your UX sketches, share your favorite links, ask questions etc.
If you are interested in sketching, check out my Sketching for UX designers course.
You can subscribe to my Sketching for UX newsletter to get these UX Knowledge Base Sketches directly to your inbox weekly, and to participate in a 100-day long UX-visual library building challenge. If you subscribe, you can also download the Sketching for UX designers WORKBOOK for free!
If you have any comments or questions please reach out to me here or on Twitter:@krisztaszerovay